UNITED IN DIVERSITY
Join us in celebrating the rich array of diverse cultures here at La Trobe University and join one of the many free events and activities on campus during the week!
Tuesday 22 August - Celebrating Indigenous Culture
- 12 - 3pm, the Agora -- Opening Ceremony, Welcome to Country, Indigenous Performances, FREE BBQ lunch
- 3 - 4 pm, TLC 212 -- Free documentary screening "Living In Two Worlds" and panel discussion -- Register to attend online
- 5 - 7pm, La Trobe Wildlife Sanctuary -- Free Tour & Indigenous Story Telling with BBQ -- Register to attend online!
Wednesday 23 August - Celebrating Cultural Dialogue
- 12.30pm - 2pm, ELT 5 -- Multifaith Special Event ‘Respect for Diversity of Beliefs’ - a student panel discussion representing, different faiths & beliefs from the students of La Trobe. Light Refreshments.
Thursday 24 August - Celebrating Student Culture
- 12 - 3pm, Simpson Lawn -- Multicultural Festival including club stalls, lion dancing, salsa demonstrations, Japanese drumming, choral performance, classical Indian dancing, Punjabi Bangera, student clubs & societies and FREE food. Also featuring Vicky the Truck, an interactive bus that celebrates Victoria's multiculturalism -- No registration required/All welcome!
- 4pm - 6pm, TLC213 -- Free Documentary Screening -- 'Constance on the Edge'. What does it take to belong? An honest portrayal of one refugee family's resettlement story in Australia. Register to attend online!
Friday 25 August - La Trobe's Got Talent Grand Final
- 3pm - 4pm, Eagle Bar Private Room -- Free screening of documentary ‘The Light Within a Night’, a cross-cultural theatre collaboration with an Indonesian theatre company performed in Bandung, Bali plus a short Q&A discussion with the team behind it.
- 7pm - 12am, Union Hall -- Celebrate the talented international students from La Trobe at this year's La Trobe's Got Talent Final, hosted by the ISA -- Tickets available from Eventbrite.
This event is proudly supported by: