Issue with Academic Progress (UPC) Stage 1, 2 or 3?
As soon as you are notified about being in an Academic Progress Stage, register and we can provide you with advice and support!
For Stage 1 or 2:
- You should be told why you are in this stage and what supports the university will supply
- You should be informed about what happens from here
- “Agreed Progression Plans” are created for students in Stage 2
If you disagree with being classified as Stage 1 or 2, or need help understanding the process, contact us!
For Stage 3 - “Show Cause” meetings:
- The focus should be to support you to improve results and continue your studies
- You can object to being in Stage 3 or the conditions put on your enrolment
- You have only 10 days after the notification to book your Show Cause meeting and fill in the “UPC Form”
- You can appeal a Show Cause decision or go straight to appeal
- You need to fill in this form BEFORE your Show Cause meeting: Unsatisfactory Progress Committee (UPC) show cause meeting and form information
During the show cause or appeal process, you can:
- Share your side of the story in the session and in writing before
- Have a support person like an LTSU Advocate present
- Request a disability support worker or interpreter attend the session
REGISTER FOR SUPPORT: